ISC Patches

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Wed Sep 17 14:56:31 UTC 2003

Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, Todd Vierling <tv at duh.org> said:
> > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Peter Losher wrote:
> > : The official announcements are going out via the bind-announce at isc.org
> > : list, but just in case:
> > :
> > : http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/delegation-only.html
> >
> > I know you aren't favorable to doing the work internally to ISC, but has
> > anyone scoped out the effort involved in backporting this to BIND 8?
>
> I'm interested in that as well (BIND 9 as a recursive server on Tru64
> doesn't work in my experience), but I would suggest any discussion about
> that move over to the BIND list or the USENET gateway
> comp.protocols.dns.bind.

Just as long as a pointer to the result is posted back here for those
of us that are not BIND workers (merely BIND users).  We are only
running BIND 8, and although I'm about to try 9 on our dedicated mail
recursor today ('cause we need this badly as our queues fill), I'm
reluctant to just toss it in customer facing recursors yet.

--
William Allen Simpson