News of ISC Developing BIND Patch

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Wed Sep 17 14:35:40 UTC 2003

--On Wednesday, September 17, 2003 02:50:51 AM -0700 Vadim Antonov
<avg at kotovnik.com> wrote:

> If we take a step back, we could say that the whole Verisign incident
> demonstrated pretty clearly that the fundamental DNS premise of having no
> more than one root in the namespace is seriously wrong.  This is the
> fallacy of "universal classification" so convincingly trashed by
> J.L.Borges in "The Analytical Language of John Wilkins".  Sigle-root
> classifications simply do not work in real-world contexts.

... for objects which are created outside said classification and need to/
want to/should be classified in it. However, the DNS does not pretend to
classify
anything existing outside it in the real-world but implements a namespace
with the stated goal of providing unique identification (which still
requires
a single-root)

So this argument is bogus IMHO...

matjes