new openssh issue

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Sep 16 19:50:04 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:33:03 EDT, Richard A Steenbergen said:

> > patched, but does anybody know whether there's a problem with the
> > criscos?  (as in "how do I configure my router for that?" ;-)
>
> Or better yet, the OpenSSH running on Junipers? Nothing on Juniper's
site
> about a vulnerability so far.

A posting to full-disclosure quotes Theo as saying HP and Cisco are
affected,
and I don't see any reason that Juniper would *NOT* be, given the common
code
base of the OpenSSH implementations.  I'm not going to say the routers
are
vulnerable, but I *would* say that ACLs blocking port 22 to the router
might
be a good idea.....