What *are* they smoking?

Karsten W. Rohrbach karsten at rohrbach.de
Tue Sep 16 10:03:12 UTC 2003

Miquel van Smoorenburg(miquels at cistron.nl)@2003.09.16 08:43:26 +0000:

> Oh yes, top of the line:

[...]

Mike, even better: it's answering in an unconditional mode!

---
rohrbach at WM:datasink[2]% telnet jhsdfajjkasfjkjkasf.net 25
Trying 64.94.110.11...
Connected to jhsdfajjkasfjkjkasf.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 snubby4-wcwest Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 ready
ehlo sucker
250 OK
mail from: billg at ms.com
250 OK
rcpt to: no at spam.com
550 User domain does not exist.
data
250 OK
bla
221 snubby4-wcwest Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.

rohrbach at WM:datasink[2]% telnet jhsdfajjkasfjkjkasf.net 25
Trying 64.94.110.11...
Connected to jhsdfajjkasfjkjkasf.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 snubby4-wcwest Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 ready

250 OK

250 OK

550 User domain does not exist.

250 OK

221 snubby4-wcwest Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.
---

At least it leads to momentary amusement. Mad scientists or
propellerheads at work there?

/k

--
> Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
> tried it. --Donald Knuth
webmonster.de -- InterNetWorkTogether -- built on the open source platform
http://www.webmonster.de/ - ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ - http://www.rohrbach.de/
GnuPG:   0xDEC948A6 D/E BF11 83E8 84A1 F996 68B4  A113 B393 6BF4 DEC9 48A6