What *are* they smoking?

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.nl
Tue Sep 16 08:43:26 UTC 2003

In article <cistron.Pine.GSO.4.56.0309151931440.12273 at westnet>,
Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com> wrote:
>This also blows away the whole idea of rejeting mail from non-existant
>domains -- never mind all the bounces to these non-existant domains when the
>spammers get ahold of them. Boy, I hope they have a good mail server
>responding with the 550 on that IP !

Oh yes, top of the line:

$ telnet ariekanariebla.net 25
Trying 64.94.110.11...
Connected to sitefinder-idn.verisign.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 snubby3-wceast Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 ready
syntaxerror
250 OK
quit
221 snubby3-wceast Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 closing transmission channel
221 snubby3-wceast Snubby Mail Rejector Daemon v1.3 closing transmission channel
Connection closed by foreign host.

Mike.
--
The big problem with blacksmithing resumes is that most of them are forged.
	-- Joe Marshall