What *are* they smoking?

Aaron Dewell acd at woods.net
Tue Sep 16 01:21:24 UTC 2003

I abandoned them a long time ago, but the big question is, how
can we get rid of them as root servers operators?  Sounds like
time to push for more independent servers, and a truly separate
company to handle the root server portion of .com/.net.  They
could still exist as a registrar, but with these kind of business
practices, how long?  Probably not very, so I'd expect them to
fight it tooth and nail.

Or abandon .com/.net entirely, but that would take a long time
and a massive public-education campaign.  See what happens to
them when everyone refuses to use either .com or .net.  I still
use them, by way of OpenSRS, but that could be solved with some
new registrations with a non-hostile TLD operator.

Aaron