Change to .com/.net behavior

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Tue Sep 16 00:37:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Haesu wrote:
> > Before I figure out this BIND thing, for now..
> >
> > box02jp5-cr01.twdx.net# set routing-options static route 64.94.110.11/32 di$
>
> Please do no do that.  You, or your users, will end up having
> TONS of undeliverable bounces for forged/bogus domains sitting
> in mail spools...

On the other hand, what happens to those people who have one of their MX
records pointing to  host at an invalid domain. eg

                IN      MX      5 mail.example.com.
                IN      MX      10 mail.iforgottodelete.net

Now the previously non-existent host will resolve and bounce your email
instead of being skipped.

Simon J. Lyall.  |   Very  Busy   |   Mail: simon at darkmere.gen.nz
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.