cef/process switching problem

Austad, Jay JAustad at temgweb.com
Tue Sep 9 15:07:40 UTC 2003

I've got a cisco MC3810 with a bunch of DSL customers on it.  CEF is
enabled, but when I do a show int stat, I see that almost 100% of the
outbound packets on the ethernet interface are process switched, and not
being matched in the route cache.  The Input looks just fine, and the other
interfaces are borderline (usually 50% hit rate on the cache or a little
less).

CPU is sitting pretty high on this box during the day, and I have strong
suspicions that this is why.  :)

I can't seem to find any info on why this would be happening or how to
figure out what's going on.  Anyone have any suggestions?

-jay