Cable & Wireless, Verio and/or Level 3 port blocking?

Jason Frisvold friz at corp.ptd.net
Mon Sep 8 20:39:39 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 14:56, William Devine, II wrote:
> Can anyone from these three carriers tell me if you're doing port blocking
> on the Windows file/print ports (135-139, 445 & 593) ?
> A client of ours (in the US), against our recommendation, still wants to
> connect to their Exchange server in the UK without a VPN.  We're not
> blocking their IP#'s from anything but somewhere in between it's getting
> blocked.  We use C&W directly and Verio/Level3 through a peer.

Can they set up a gre tunnel?  I did this for a site to site active
directory setup and it worked out great...  :)

--
---------------------------
Jason H. Frisvold
friz at corp.ptd.net
RedHat Engineer - RHCE # 807302349405893
Cisco Certified - CCNA # CSCO10151622
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910
"Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles
the world."
      -- Albert Einstein [1879-1955]