Microsoft distributes free CDs in Japan to patch Windows

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Mon Sep 8 17:37:40 UTC 2003

* rayw at rayw.net (Ray Wong) [Mon 08 Sep 2003, 19:33 CEST]:
> Oh, this topic hasn't died yet?

Well, maybe because 98SE apparently was in stores as I've been told in
private mail, and 95OSR2 was the version that was released to OEMs only.

[..]
> I seem to be repeating myself a lot: The problem is not technical;
> hence the solution is not technical either.

In what way is a Microsoft product (or twelve of them as the case may be)
auto-executing untrusted content not a technical problem?

	-- Niels.