BMITU

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Sep 4 17:36:53 UTC 2003

At 11:02 AM 9/4/2003, you wrote:
>This is my first post so please be gentle.
>
>I would like to get some opinions on the Best Mailserver in the Universe.
>Is there a more appropriate list for this question?
>
>I have looked at Communigate Pro, IMAIL, and others.
>
>I am interested in integrated solution that can scale to handle 500k
>accounts
>
>Any experience good / bad would be great.

None of the Windows mail servers listed above or the others such as
Mailsite, MDaemon, Merak, etc. are capable of more than 10-20k active
users. Forget about 500k with any you have listed. If you want a solid mail
server which WILL handle 500k users and will run on Windows and most *nix
platforms, look at Surgemail from http://www.netwinsite.com It is
incredibly scalable and VERY fast. It uses a spam assassin-like filter
which is written in C so it is at least 20-100 times faster than spam
assassin and 95% as effective. It includes support for AVAST anti-virus and
the webmail program is powerful, fast, and includes support for PGP. It is
an AWESOME product and the support and developers are top notch too. I
don't have any vested interest in the company, but I am a very happy
customer. (They also make DNews which many people here are probably
familiar with)

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey