What do you want your ISP to block today?

Petr Swedock petr at blade-runner.mit.edu
Wed Sep 3 23:25:08 UTC 2003

Rob Thomas <robt at cymru.com> writes:

   ;; Hi, Johannes.
   ;;
   ;; ] Its hard these days. But I HIGHLY recommend for everyone to get out of
   ;; ] your server closets, enjoy the sun, and talk to non-techies once in a
   ;; ] while. Or: spend a couple hours answering the front end customer support
   ;; ] calls if you can't remember where you parked your car.
   ;;
   ;; While non-techies can be a support challenge, I find the greatest
   ;; challenges and demands come from the very techie customers.

YES! Often it's the case that they A) don't fully understand the
problem but B) feel they have the "perfect" solution anyways.
"non-techies" will defer to your judgement, "demi-techies" will
require bulletproof reasoning for not doing things their way. I
hate when that happens. Especially when the reasoning is indeed
suboptimal and not by (my) choice or under my control.

Peace,

Petr