What do you want your ISP to block today?

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Wed Sep 3 18:33:20 UTC 2003

I just summarized my thoughts on this topic here:
http://www.sans.org/rr/special/isp_blocking.php

Overall: I think there are some ports (135, 137, 139, 445),
a consumer ISP should block as close to the customer as
they can.

One basic issue is that people discussing this topic on
mailing lists like these are not average home users. Most
of us here have seen a DOS prompt at some point and know
about "Service Packs" and "Hotfixes".

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net