Distributed sniffer products

Luke Starrett lstarrett at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 18:26:47 UTC 2003

I took a different approach and run a Windows XP machine with multiple
network cards to the segments that I regularly need to sniff.  I use the
remote desktop feature to access the box.  It has one NIC for regular
connectivity, and a couple others that are just used for sniffing.
Others are using cheap linux boxes running ethereal in a similar fashion
using VNC to access the box.

Luke