Distributed sniffer products

George Bakos gbakos at ists.dartmouth.edu
Wed Sep 3 18:21:22 UTC 2003

A little off topic, but nonetheless:

Have a look at Ethereal, an open source network analyzer similar in many
respects to Sniffer Pro. http://www.ethereal.com

<plug shameless="yes">
For distributed sniffing / central analysis, you might want to try
IDABench, ISTS's pluggable framework for network packet analysis.
http://idabench.ists.dartmouth.edu. You can query large datasets with
various analysis tools and it returns graphical, textual, or libpcap
composite binary output that can be opened in, for instance, ethereal.
</plug>

--
George Bakos
Institute for Security Technology Studies - IRIA
gbakos at ists.dartmouth.edu
603.646.0665 -voice
603.646.0666 -fax