On the back of other 'security' posts....

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:58:02 UTC 2003

> the rest of the paper is also germane to this thread.  just
> fya, we keep rehashing the UNimportant part of this argument,
> and never progressing. (from this, i deduce that we must be humans.)

Ok, so we seem to have a general agreement that anti-spoof & BGP prefix
filtering on all standard customer edge links is a worthwhile practice.
Now what?  Is there any hope of this ever happening on a very large
scale without somehow being mandated? (Not that it necessarily should be
mandated.)  How much success have Barry Green and co. had?  Is there
something the rest of us could be doing?