[Full-Disclosure] Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for good security

Brian Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri Oct 31 22:43:16 UTC 2003

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=Xns94258238F273Cbruns2mbitcom%40130.133.1.4

>From my post to the NANAE newsgroup...

My favorite quote is...

BG: Until we had this concept of Web services, software on the Internet
couldn't talk to other software on the Internet. The only thing that worked
was you could move bits - that's TCP/IP - or you could put up screens -
that's HTML - but software couldn't talk to software.

Its good to know my Putty application can't talk to my OpenSSH server, or
that my EXIM mail server can't actually talk to other mail servers.

:-)

Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources
http://www.sosdg.org

The AHBL - http://www.ahbl.org