Content filter (was - Re: [arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space)

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Oct 30 11:26:42 UTC 2003

in On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Booth, Michael (ENG) wrote:

> William, they might be rejecting your post for SPAM.  Take a look at the
> link below:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dns1.elan.net&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wg
>
> Michael Booth

That post was rejected because of the words "porn site". This was quite
clear from the type of filtering message. I'm sure this post will generate
exactly the same reply back to me...

I'm guessing you're are one of those people at nanog who tried to show me
list of sites previously hosted at elan that generated abuse complaints
back in 2001 (i.e. see above url). Those customers are all gone long ago
and none of them actually sent email spam, so there are no filters on
elan anywhere (except rhyolite, who can't distinguish between real spam
and joe-job; using automated means is really not a way to keep long-term
email filter list) nor were there in the past.

On the other hand as26857 is an interesting "character". I've listed you
on completewhois for hijacking ip blocks under "web design house" name
(one more ip block yet to be added, I'm sure you know which one, you will not
have wait long now...). And there are clear evidence for as26857, wdh &
starlan involvement in emailcourier bulk email operation:
 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=as26857&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3F999398.1080708%40rogers.com&rnum=2
 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=emailcourrier.com&sa=N&tab=wg
 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=starlan+email

--