[arin-announce] IPv4 Address Space (fwd)

Stefan Mink mink at schlund.net
Wed Oct 29 09:06:37 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 01:17:26PM -0800, william at elan.net wrote:
> > Does anybody honestly think companies will commit the capex needed to
> > implement IPv6?
> Not without additional benefits. We need either applications that are
> working a lot better at ipv6 or we may yet have to see ipv4 space ran out
> before it becomes clear to everybody that ipv6 is a must.

imagine a network without NAT. I stopped counting applications
that are struggling/breaking with NAT...

But many people still believe rfc1918 and NAT are a cool thing
because they just got used to it...

   tschuess
             Stefan
--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA