AOL fixing Microsoft default settings

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Sat Oct 25 13:51:29 UTC 2003

I believe this has resulted in a few lawsuits from companies such as Gator,
which take offense to their "adware" being removed by the ISP...  Of
course, 99% of the time it's installed via a "click-wrap" EULA for some 3rd
party software such as Kazaa.  It would be just as easy to uninstall it via
another EULA for the ISP's custom dialup/PPPoE/PPPoATM/whatever client.  :-)