NOAA warning for rf communications

Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq. bownes at web9.com
Fri Oct 24 13:49:27 UTC 2003

Well, this is more than you really wanted to know, but....

	ELV	Exremely Low 	dc - 3khz
	VLF	Very Low Freq	3khz - 30khz
	LF	Low Frequency	30khz - 300Khz
	MF	Medium		300Khz - 3Mhz
	HF	High		3mhz-30mhz
	VHF	Very High	30mhz-300mhz
	UHF	Ultra High	300-3Ghz
	SHF	Super High	3Ghz - 30 Ghz
	EHF	Extremely High	30Ghz - 300Ghz

Different folks put the breaks at slightly different places (the.g. the
amatuer radio community puts the hf/vhf break @ 50Mhz and the MF/HF
break @ 1.8Khz.

And, as a side note, I can't find the URL, but the US Cong is talking
about pulling all the funding for the NASA space weather programs. Would
mean less/no warning of this sort of stuff.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled off topic discussions

Komrade