AOL fixing Microsoft default settings

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Fri Oct 24 04:22:33 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 12:13:59AM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/7278
>
> How many other ISPs intend to follow AOL's practice and use their
> connection support software to fix the defaults on their customer's
> Windows computers?

	Sounds good to me.  The potential for these users
to be less-than-educated enough about the existance of
this "feature" means that the potential for this to
increase the overall network security is a good thing.

	Hopefully they will enable automatic checking and
downloading of critical software updates as well.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net