Heads-up: AT&T apparently going to whitelist-only inbound mail

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Tue Oct 21 21:57:58 UTC 2003

Here is my experience (names are changed to protect...) :

Failed to deliver to 'AAA at att.com'
SMTP module(domain att.com) reports:
  message text rejected by ckmsi2.att.com:
  550 5.7.1 Your message was rejected as possible spam. Please call your
AT&T contact. [3]

Failed to deliver to 'BBB at att.com'

Failed to deliver to 'CCC at att.com'

Failed to deliver to 'DDD at att.com'

Failed to deliver to 'EEE at att.com'

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 05:46 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Wow, this sounds like a pretty extreme shotgun approach. (or is it
> April 1st somewhere).  Is AT&T going to make this whitelist publicly
> available ?  Perhaps if there was some global white list that everyone
> could consult against, it might be a little more useable.  Still, what
> do you do about multi-stage relays ?
>
>         ---Mike
>

> At 05:24 PM 21/10/2003, Jeff Wasilko wrote:

                                  Regards
                                  Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
e-mail : marshall.eubanks at telesuite.com