Heads-up: AT&T apparently going to whitelist-only inbound mail

Tony Rall trall at almaden.ibm.com
Tue Oct 21 21:39:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, 2003-10-21 at 17:24 AST, Jeff Wasilko <jeffw at smoe.org> wrote:
> [...]

It sure looks to me that they are referring to outbound (from the
customer, through AT&T, to the Internet) mail only.

Presumably this means they are going to either block all 25/tcp from their
customers except from those addresses on their list.  Alternatively they
might be routing all outbound customer mail from non-whitelisted machines
through a transparent proxy; possibly the proxy would rate limit the
amount of mail being allowed.

Tony Rall