Whois software run by Lacnic and BR?

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Mon Oct 20 06:26:24 UTC 2003

When trying to determine a country code for 200.150.7.132, I first tried
ARIN which pointed me to LACNIC - whois.lacnic.net:
inetnum:     200.128/9
status:      allocated
owner:       Comite Gestor da Internet no Brasil
ownerid:     BR-CGIN-LACNIC
responsible: Frederico A C Neves
address:     Av. das Naחץes Unidas, 11541, 7° andar
address:     04578-000 - Sדo Paulo - SP
country:     BR
phone:       +55 11 9119-0304 []
owner-c:     CGB
tech-c:      CGB
inetrev:     200.128/9
nserver:     NS.DNS.BR
nsstat:      20031015 AA
nslastaa:    20031015
nserver:     NS1.DNS.BR
nsstat:      20031015 AA
nslastaa:    20031015
nserver:     NS2.DNS.BR
nsstat:      20031015 AA
nslastaa:    20031015
remarks:     These addresses have been further assigned to Brazilian
users.
remarks:     Contact information can be found at the WHOIS server located
remarks:     at whois.registro.br and at http://whois.nic.br

So off to whois.nic.br:
inetnum:     200.150.7/24
aut-num:     AS23106
abuse-c:     RBS151
owner:       COMPANHIA ENERGETICA DE MINAS GERAIS
ownerid:     017.155.730/0001-64
responsible: Marcus Vinicius da Silva
address:     Av Barbacena, 1200, 3 Andar
address:     30190-131 - Belo Horizonte - MG
phone:       (031) 349-4469 []
owner-c:     MVS9
tech-c:      MVS9
inetrev:     200.150.7/24
nserver:     OUTCEMIG1.CEMIG.COM.BR
nsstat:      20031018 AA
nslastaa:    20031018
nserver:     OUTCEMIG2.CEMIG.COM.BR
nsstat:      20031018 AA
nslastaa:    20031018
created:     20020621
changed:     20020621
inetnum-up:  200.150.0/19

Does anyone know what standard is being used here?  It looks like RIPE
format but very modified.  What bothers me is not the additional tags but
rather that an automated script would not be able to determine country
from their response.

Thanks,
-Hank