Email Deliverability Summit II Update

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Sat Oct 18 01:32:19 UTC 2003

> Dave - the problem with basic email is that is has no assured delivery
> capabilities or receipt processes.

To that end, and to Dave's question (and some I've received off-list)
- these are not particularly *technical* standards - they are
practical standards, having to do more with email industry process
and practice - and while they are framed as ISIPP's standards, they
were formed, refined and adopted unanimously by:

RoadRunner
AOL
Microsoft
Outblaze
SpamAssassin
Cloudmark
Ironport
Everyone.net
MSN/TV
SamSpade
Cyphertrust
Word to the Wise
ReturnPath
Mailshell
MessageFire
MailFrontier
Cable & Wireless
ePrivacyGroup
Cheetahmail
Digital Impact
Yesmail
RappDigital Innovyx
Digital River
Silverpop
Socketware
Atriks and TheMail.com
WhatCounts
Digital Connexxions
e-Dialog
Uptilt
ExactTarget
Captaris
Experian
Acquireweb
SubscriberMail
NetCreations
iVillage
CNET

..and, indeed, many of these orgs have already put them into
practice.  They are based on a dialogue between senders and
receivers, in which the senders basically said "tell us what we have
to do to get our mail delivered", the receivers said "this is what
you have to do, and what can we do to help you do that?"..and this is
the result.  It's not the law.. but when several of the top ISPs and
spam filters say "do this", senders listen.

Anne