Tomatoes for Verisign at NANOG 29

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Fri Oct 17 07:55:44 UTC 2003

At 01:32 PM 16-10-03 -0700, David Meyer wrote:

> >> I would also suggest that we try to make contact with a second-harvest or
> >> other organization that may be able to use the tomatoes afterwards.
>
>         Or just use your time and resources to do some good for
>         those who are less fortunate in the first place. Using
>         food of any kind for such a display is simply
>         unacceptable (and BTW, in no way funny or cute) in a
>         world filled with so much hunger, poverty, and
>         despair. Indeed, such an activity will reflect very
>         poorly on us all, notwithstanding any issue relating to
>         the DNS.

I agree with Dave.  Tomatoes or any other fruit is more of a fraternity
stunt.  It also involves logistics.  Why not have everyone stand up and
turn around and face the back of the auditorium while Verisign gives its
presentation (and stand quietly)?  It shows your displeasure and eliminates
the chance that some hothead will toss his tomato.  It also creates a great
photo-shoot.

Sorry I won't be there.

Regards,
Hank