Tomatoes for Verisign at NANOG 29

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Oct 16 21:18:20 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:38:57 EDT, "Vachon, Scott" <Scott.Vachon at paymentech.com>  said:

> THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are
> proprietary and confidential information intended only for the use of the
> recipient(s) named above.

Well.. I severely doubt that any of the actual recipients of this message were the
"reciepients named above" - that's how mailing lists work.  I know I'm not
listed as one "named above"....

>                            If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
> print, distribute, or copy this message or any attachments.  If you have

Cite statute or case law supporting this "you may not" requirement?

> received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail
> and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.

Please read:

http://www.fas.org/spp/starwars/offdocs/reagan/chron.txt
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html

and then let me know where I should send an invoice for the costs involved in
securely removing said message from any disks or backups of our central mail
hub.  Note that said costs will include a charge for lost productivity of
several thousand users if it proves impossible to do said erasures while the system
is running (which is almost certainly to be the case).