Tomatoes for Verisign at NANOG 29

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Thu Oct 16 20:28:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, JC Dill wrote:

> Great idea!  Can we count on Dan for tomato acquisition and for Owen for
> post-protest dispersal to a foodbank?

Having been a part of many fraternity pranks along this line, I might
remind some of a glitch with this line of thinking.

VeriSign employees read this list. (Verisign shows up with tomatoes & red
"I love VeriSign" shirts saying if you like the idea...wear shirt && grab
tomato to stack up front.)

This works better spontaneously on site. Great idea, but being voiced in
advance means your effort can be put to their use. (If you were playing a
prank on my fraternity, that's what I'd do.)

I don't think this idea, while amusing, will accomplish the goal. The bind
patch and other methods of nullifying their corporate group think crap that
makes them think this is a good idea is more our style. (Play smarter, not
harder.)

Gerald