(on-topic) / RE: Site Finder

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Oct 16 20:07:27 UTC 2003

My bad I should've been more specific, that is indeed what I will
personally be doing on any networks that I can, which should be basically
everything.

I'm also considering the other alternative suggested by some, which is to
push traffic to a host of my own.

I will have to do something about email bound for mis-spelled domains
because I do not and will not trust some anonymous third party even with my
users mis-spelled domain names.  So I think one way or another I'm going to
be forced into doing work that I don't have time, nor desire to do, just to
provide my users with the services they expect.  As I'm sure a number of
places are going to have to do.

Not really networking related -- but -- when VeriSign had SiteFinder turned
on before I experienced markedly larger mail queues because of
brain-damaged Snubby and/or mail rejector.  Not really a problem for my
MTA, but more of an issue that I can only imagine how much this caused
really big ISPs like AOL to increase the amount of email in their outbound
queues.

--On Thursday, October 16, 2003 2:20 PM -0500 Bryan Bradsby

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you