Tomatoes for Verisign at NANOG 29

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at gettcomm.com
Thu Oct 16 19:39:02 UTC 2003

>>>If you are attending NANOG 29, please attend this session and wear a
>>>red shirt.
>>
>>Ahem. Many of us are Star Trek experts, and it will take a LOT more than
>>this to get people to wear a red shirt.
>>
>Huh?  I'm somewhat familiar with Star Trek, and, I realize the red shirts
>are usually the first to die

Right the first time!

>Porjecting the movie shows some level of group leadership support.
>Stacking tomatoes shows just how much of the community is opposed
>to wildcards.  I think in this case, a physical show of tomatoes is
>more effective.

You're right--it's just that I enjoy the movies as one of the worst
implementations ever done. Seemed appropriate.

The neatly stacked voting pyramid is an excellent idea, especially if
there were any media coverage.

Sort of reminiscent of the end of Conan the Destroyer, as the torches go out.