Site Finder

Ray Bellis rpb at community.net.uk
Thu Oct 16 15:07:53 UTC 2003

Quoting Rusty Lewis from
http://verisign.com/corporate/news/2003/pr_20031007b.html?sl=070804

"We will continue to take feedback from both Internet users and the
technical community on how we can ensure that the service is available
for the many Internet users who clearly like it."

Well that's very simple Rusty - stop screwing around with *our* DNS and
write a plugin for IE to catch NXDOMAIN, just like the Google toolbar
does.

That'll allow 90% of the browsing population a *choice*, something the
wildcard clearly does not.

Ray

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director
community internet plc - ts.com Ltd

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: ray.bellis at community.net.uk
fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/