Pitfalls of annoucing /24s

Matt Levine matt at deliver3.com
Wed Oct 15 21:54:10 UTC 2003

On Oct 15, 2003, at 4:46 PM, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> http://info.us.bb.verio.net/routing.html#PeerFilter
>
> That's how Verio does it, and I assume, that's how most people who
> filter by length do it as well.

Also worth noting that Verio does a loose-rpf check on their borders,
so there's a possibility your packets will be dropped to multihomed
customers who *do* have your /24 (if your best-path back to them is via
verio.)..

--
Matt Levine <matt at deliver3.com>
"The Trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody