Juniper M7i, M10i and the US DREN's IPV6 project

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Mon Oct 13 23:52:04 UTC 2003

At 06:03 PM 10/13/2003, you wrote:
>  From the PDF, regarding DREN implemention of ipv6:
>
>No great incentive for DREN sites to implement IPv6
>no near term win
>additional effort and complexity, generally not funded
>Can't deploy in a safe and secure manner
>Existing DREN intrusion detection (IDS) architecture incompatible with
>maturity of products in use
>Juniper port mirror lacks IPv6 support
>

>Anybody know what a the new M7i and M10i routers are?  Specs, price
>estimates, release dates, etc?

The M7i is supposed to compete with the Cisco 7100/7200. It is designed as
a provider managed CPE for DS3 and OC3 level customers. At least that is
the niche they are targeting. It will come in two flavors - integrated dual
port 100Base-T or single GigE. It also has an optional service engine for
firewall, VPN, IDS, etc. which plugs into the SCB/FPC. I don't think they
have been released into production yet, but I could be wrong.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey