[6bone] Reserved ASN 64702, 6to4, 2 ghosts, other oddities and

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Mon Oct 13 21:20:51 UTC 2003

> On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 10:30, Bill Manning wrote:
> > 	bing!  the 3ffe:: entries are for experimental services -only-
> > 	while the 2001:: will eventually be production services.
> > 	and the test are -not- primarly about connectivity.
>
> Last time I checked on this 3ffe:: was not "tagged" as for "experimental
> services only". I have asked this to people working with IPv6 and
> haven't received any reply  confirming it, only replies staying that it
> hasn't been decided.
>
> Is it now? Please let me know.
>
> (I will hate to do a deployment of 3ffe:: and 2001:: networks and then
> after some time tell the users sorry we are not routing 3ffe:: anymore
> since it was experimental only.  I prefer telling them from the very
> first time.)
>
> --William
> --
> William Caban <william at hpcf.upr.edu>

	3ffe::/16  was designated for IPv6 evaluation and experimentation.
	In this case, -any- root service that is seen from 3ffe:0::/24
	is for experimental services only.  Other 3ffe:: entries may
	have other considerations.

	Your choice.   Note carefully that the 6bone database is prone
	to corruption.  The nice folks @ online.org.ua  did this:

Dear Colleague,

This is to notify you that some object(s) in the 6BONE database
which you either maintain or are listed as to-be-notified have
been added, deleted or changed.

The objects below are the old and new entries for these objects
in the database. In case of DELETIONS, the deleted object is
displayed. NOOPs are not reported.

The update causing these changes came from the following host:

- From-Host:       jazz.viagenie.qc.ca(206.123.31.2)