AOL mail server problems?

Brian Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sun Oct 12 19:13:19 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Joshua Levitsky
To: Brian Bruns
Cc: jlewis at lewis.org ; nanog at merit.edu ; Suresh Ramasubramanian
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: AOL mail server problems?

> What is the PTR record for your mail server? If you don't have one or if
it reads like a residential one then I've heard of that
> getting blocked. Also be advised you can contact postmaster at aol.net or AOL
Postmaster HelpDesk at 1-703-265-4670 or 1-
> 888-212-5537.

> Before you email or call you should try this to verify that you have a PTR
and that it doesn't read like a residential. (For example
>dsl081-214-123.nyc2.dsl.speakeasy.net. )

Ah yeah, we have an ameritech PTR right now (working on that problem as
well).  I guess I'll have one of my guys call ameritech and complain about
the PTR.

Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources
http://www.sosdg.org
ICQ: 8077511