edge interface bits

Haesu haesu at towardex.com
Sat Oct 11 05:22:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 04:55:44PM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:

> Does anyone know, either on the east coast US, London, Stockholm,
> Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Helsinki transit providers which would allow
> edge/handoff interface control to different traffic classes using BGP
> communities?
> (for example to announce DDoS destinations

Null communities suporting organizations: GBLX,  UUNET, NLAYER, et al
Others who can also do null routing over bgp community, please come forward. One of my customers may be interested in doing business w/ you ;-)

> and/or sources with different
> community
> which would drop the precedence of those packets to a lower level and
> thus de-prioritize
> them and allow legitimate traffic to have better performance)

I have not seen any QoS policy propagation over BGP (qppb i think is what they call it?) stuff in provider environment yet.. I dunno if qppb is even the right thing for this, but I think it is. But then again, considering most providers don't even support null community, this is like asking too much ;-) And qppb would be something new and it would put more strain on router as it has to rate limit stuff now..

-hc

--
Haesu C.
TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
http://www.towardex.com | haesu at towardex.com
Cell: (978)394-2867     | Office: (978)263-3399 Ext. 170
Fax: (978)263-0033      | POC: HAESU-ARIN