Hotmail Problems

Geo. georger at getinfo.net
Fri Oct 10 14:37:15 UTC 2003

>>> Has anyone seen issues with hotmail receiving emails several days after
 they are sent. We are not getting bounces, just long delays in what appears
 to be hotmails posting to inboxes.

>>We've been seeing lots of server timeouts and connection resets to
hotmail.com and msn MXs over the last couple of days.
-Alan

Hotmail and MSN have decided that "printed-quotable" and "rich text" formats
(the ones with = signs at the end of lines, are not valid emails. Trying to
deliver such to their servers gets you dropped with no error message of any
kind so the emails sit in the queues trying to go. Sending a plain text
email and it goes thru immediately.

Geo.