Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with trojaned boxes

Dr. Jeffrey Race jrace at attglobal.net
Fri Oct 10 02:55:56 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:40:35 -0400, John Capo wrote:

>  I spent
>the rest of the day googleing for case law that might be applied
>to the network operators providing connectivity to the trojaned
>boxes being used for illegal activities, identity theft.  Didn't
>accomplish much except wasting the day.

This is a trivial legal exercise and I remain surprised the
infamous "plaintiff's bar" has not started suing these scum.
Some of the obviously relevant legal bases are negligent enablement,
unjust enrichment, attractive nuisance.

Talk to any lawyer; he'll tell you.   I am sure there are BIG BIG
damages to be had for a little litigation.

Jeffrey Race