contact at yahoo mail? (they think we're an open relay :< )

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Thu Oct 9 22:30:17 UTC 2003

>>Today our email forwarders started getting this from yahoo.com
>>mail handlers:
><snip>
>Us too.  And more than one ISP that I have seen (for example,
>iglou.com mentioned that one of their boxes was being blocked)
>
>Something looks badly borked there.

bork bork bork

Indeed. They were blocking our servers this morning, but without any
intervention by us (to my knowledge) it is working again now. Go
figure.

Does yahoo have any *real* mail accounts anyway? I think the only
time I actually send anything to yahoo.com mail addresses is when we
are actively hiring people. Isn't yahoo mail only used to hide job
hunting from current employers? =)

--chuck goolsbee

There's only so much stupidity you can compensate for;
there comes a point where you compensate for so much
stupidity that it starts to cause problems for the
people who actually think in a normal way.

-Bill, digital.forest tech support