Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with trojaned boxes

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Oct 9 16:40:47 UTC 2003

Hi,

#I think even if we get all the ones for this domain name today,=20
#assuming we can muster even man hours to get it today, another
#5000 will be added tomarrow.

Actually, we wrote a little tool to systematically track the
dotted quads associated with the vano-soft domain name. We have
been seeing a steady stream of new dotted quads advertised for
that host, but no where near thousands per day.

There have also been some Usenet posts talking about this particular
site and the methodology it uses; see:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
pan.2003.10.03.19.40.44.564854%40frontiernet.net&output=gplain

Regards,

Joe