Finding clue at comcast.net

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at gettcomm.com
Thu Oct 9 00:36:08 UTC 2003

I'm rapidly beginning to believe this is equivalent to finding the
pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When my broadband alternative
is Verizon and it's looking better, this is scary.

Sometime today, their SMTP server started bouncing messages with more
than 3 addressees.  When I called customer support, I was told "we
only handle troubleshooting, not mail service."  The operator
"guessed" they might be doing software updates on the mail service,
had no information, and said there was no person to which it could be
escalated.

She insisted that I call my local cable office to find out when the
"server repair" would be completed, because "they schedule all
repairs."

Is this a bad dream?