More news coverage

ken emery ken at cnet.com
Wed Oct 8 22:40:45 UTC 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> Associated Press at
> http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2003/10/08/experts_describe_site_finder_problems/
>
> I am talking with the reporter, Ted Bridis. Associated Press
> reporters are under about as tough a deadline as TV, so it's a good
> fast first pass.

I think the thing which needs to be gotten across to the general
public (and the decision makers) is the SiteFinder service itself
was NOT shut down.  The redirection to the SiteFinder service was
what was shut down.  This was done because this redirection is
believed to have adverse side effects.  The way things are being
painted it seems that the SiteFinder service was turned off and
there is nothing further from the truth.

bye,
ken emery