Sitefinder study released

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Wed Oct 8 10:47:18 UTC 2003

Now this is the kind of thing that we need to combat Verisign.
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/tlds/sitefinder/

The data presented here exhaustively shows that Verisign's whole business
model is flawed because they don't really control this "diversion" of
traffic and ISPs can and will block the diversions at source with DNS
patches and routing. This particular paper puts pressure the companies
that are paying Verisign for the Sitefinder service.

We still need more papers that describe the negative technical impacts of
sitefinder and we need those papers to be published somewhere, not just on
the NANOG mailing list. At minimum, you should send copies to both ICANN
and to the Berkman Center (read the above paper for a URL).

--Michael Dillon