Verisign's public opinion play

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Tue Oct 7 19:19:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> At 10:27 AM +0100 10/7/03, Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:
> >  >I think this list may be a very good choice of where to construct
> >>such a response.
> >
> >Are you being paid by Verisign?
>
> A disclaimer seems appropriate -- right now, I'm being only
> occasionally paid for consulting by clients not having anything to do
> with Verisign.

I worked for Network Solutions in the era that Mr. Berkowitz is talking about.
My tenure 1984 - 1988 (or so, the memory grows dim). In this era NSI was just
beyond a four man startup. It was a beltway bandit, or for the non Washington DC
folk, a government contracting company. Its speciality was IBM mainframe data
center management. The road from there to scourge of the internet is not worth
traveling. Non of the principals, and few of the workers made that journey.

_____
Douglas Denault
doug at safeport.com
Voice: 301-469-8766