CCO/cisco.com issues.

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Tue Oct 7 15:57:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Matt wrote:

The nsp-security list coordinates the interaction between ISPs and NSPs in
near real-time.  The list has helped mitigate attacks and will continue to
do so.  Those interested in being members and that fulfill the
requirements should review:

Regards
Hank
on behalf of the nsp-security moderators

> > As the bandwidth ramps up on the access side, this problem is only
> going
> > to become more and more prevalent (as if it's not already enough of a
> > problem).While I don't think filtering is the silver bullet, it can
> > certainly help at times.Ithink some of the larger watch sites (eg
> > SANS, etc.) out there have the right idea - even though reactive in
> > nature, almost real-time dissemination of attack vectors and trending
> of
> > methods goes a long way towards slowing down some of these attacks.
> > Unfortunately, these single target attacks, such as attacks on Cisco,
> > Ebay, Yahoo, etc. cannot be entirely thwarted if the attacker(s)
> is/are
> > determined enough.We could go down the client side discussion (you
> > know, the one about certain software vendors, etc.) but that topic has
> > already been covered in great length.

Hank Nussbacher