sitefinder technical discussions

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Tue Oct 7 08:53:14 UTC 2003

On 06.10 23:51, Mark Kosters wrote:

> In the interest in gaining more community review and comment, a discussion
> list has been setup to discuss factually-based technical issues
> and solutions surrounding the operational impact of wildcards in
> top-level domains on Internet applications.
>
> VeriSign technical people will participate in discussions that are within
> the scope for this mailing list.
>
> The list is sitefinder-tech-discuss at lists.elistx.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe the usual "-request" convention works.  Send
> a message to:
>
>     sitefinder-tech-discuss-request at lists.elistx.com
>
> Put "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the body of the message.

I am very hesitant to join this particular list because I am afraid that
Verisign will somehow use the fact that I am subscribed as they please
in their PR efforts, e.g.  "A panel of Internet experts convened by
Verisign Inc including <insert your name here> has discussed ....., the
panel did not come to consensus that ......  ."

I would rather use existing fora such as the relevant IETF WG(s) or this list.

Daniel