CCO/cisco.com issues.

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Oct 7 00:01:25 UTC 2003

> > First They Came for the IRC bots
> > and I did not speak out
> > because I did not run a bot.
> > Then They Came for the IRC servers
> > and I did not speak out
> > because I did not run an IRC server.
> > ...skip a few years...
> > Then They Came for the DNSBLs
> > and I did not speak out
> > because I did not run a DNSBL.

> > Anyone who doesn't think that's an operational issue, just wait until it
> > bites you on the ass.

Let's add a very important line:

"Then They Came for the OC-3 or smaller connections
and I did not speak out
because I run fat OC-12 - OC-48 pipes"

It's my guess that the "top providers" that ignore cries for help because
they can sink the traffic (and bill for it) without breaking a sweat will
one day find themselves without a plan and without a clue when the Kiddiez
come pounding down the door with something that can saturate their pipes
and bring a major customer down.  I hope we don't have to wait until that
time comes around to figure out how to cooperate.

> Now we have clear evidence that there are no less than three who
> understand the threat.

Heh.  Why things like this don't scare everyone on this list sh*tless is
beyond me.

If anyone ever sees garbage coming out of 8059, hit the abuse@ address or
peek at Jared's list for phone info.

Charles