CCO/cisco.com issues.

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Mon Oct 6 21:01:31 UTC 2003

Folks,

We've been handling a multi-vector DDoS - 40-byte spoofed SYN-flooding
towards www.cisco.com (198.133.219.25/32) as well as an HTTP-AUTH
resource-exhaustion attack, and working these issues with our
upstreams.  Our apologies for any inconveniences, and our thanks to
those who've assisted in tracing and blocking the spoofed traffic.

We're continuing the work the issue, and would be grateful if operators
would check for 40-byte spoofed TCP headed towards 198.133.219.25/32
and trace/block it as warranted.  Your patience and understanding are
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!