Removal of wildcard A records from .com and .net zones

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowtion.net
Sat Oct 4 08:47:56 UTC 2003

Matt Levine wrote:
> So now you care about giving notice the community?  That didn't seem
> high on your priority list when you implemented it.

The "community" I suspect that they are sensitive about is not NANOG etc.
but the advertisers and the shareholders.

Remember, Verisign is the effective monopigly (sic) issuer of certificates
and the monopoly controller of the largest TLD. Their long term financial
and political power is dependent on these - legitimate or corrupt
applications aside. Having any external body (even a semi-legitimate one
like ICANN) interfere will result in some real fallout for the power
mongers...

Peter